Ok, so I have dilly dallied long enough. More than a few weeks ago, I received the Versatlle and Kreativ Blogger awards from Annine Off The Leash. I would like to pass this along to some other well deserved bloggers because it’s the holidays dagnabbit and what greater gift can we give than to spread love?!
1. Alternate Takes – To Angelika, I bestow the Versatile Bloggers award. She is one of the proud, but few, female jazz aficionados/experts out there spreading the word about a precious African American art form, jazz. Her writing is exemplary and I never fail to learn something from her blog, be it about new and upcoming artists, jazz masters, or other noteworthy music. The combination of multimedia and subject diversity makes her very worthy of this award. She’s been Freshly Pressed twice because her words sing. Favorite Posts: Beats, Rhymes and Life…and Jazz and John Coltrane @85: A Jazzy Girl’s Retrospective
2. Sparks In Shadow – Is the recipient of the Kreativ Blogger award. In the relatively short period of time that I have been following her blogs, Words One Hundred and Sparks In Shadow, she has taught me something about the art of perseverance. Some writers are born and others are unearthed in the course of diligence. Sparks has mastered the art of the short, her poetry and tales are undiscovered gems. In them, she somehow manages to convey with brevity the purity and sincerity the multitude of human emotions. She is one to watch. Favorite Posts: Lavender and The Properties of Hydrogen and Helium.
3. One Sister’s Rant – Is the recipient of the Versatile Bloggers award. Bella has a true fan base because her blog NEVER fails to make you laugh. She makes the ordinary extraordinary and so many of us relate. I so love the way she takes her observations and pens them as life lessons. It’s a rare skill which I have come to adore. Her photographs are fantastic too. Her camera must be attached to her hip because she captures the crazy, cool shots epitomizing that Kodak moment. Best of all, she has wisdom to share in spades. Favorite Posts: What Motivates Us To Hang On For Dear Life and Are You Sure This Thing Will Make Me Look One Size Smaller?
4. Moet With Medusa – Jason is the reicipient of the Versatile and Kreativ Blogger Awards. I love his blog because I never know what I will find there, poetry, music, moral challenges, or personal experiences. They are invariably well written and unfailingly interesting. He made me pull out the dictionary for ahnedonia, and I’m still laughing about it. Favorite posts: Esoteric and The Choclate Manifesto.
5. Annie Off The Leash – I’m not sure if it’s bad form to pass the award back to the one who gave it to you but I am thumbing my noise at tradition. To Annie, I give the Kreativ blogger award. Her stories run a wide gambit of subjects and she is an exceptional writer. She has a skill that I associate with Stephen King, she is a bard. Once she starts spinning her tale you are invariably drawn in, which is the mark of a natural storyteller. I hope one day to see her writing in print. Favorite Posts: The Beast Within and How I Became A Comedian
6. Dark Faerie Dreaming – She gets my vote for Kreativ Blogger. If you are a lover of poetry, you must check out this blog. Her poetry is just beautiful. I dare you to read some and not shed a tear, nod your head in wonder, or find yourself cast back to a moving moment in your life. Favorite Posts: Whisper and Of Rainbows
7. The Ramblings of D.A. Adams – Last, but not least, I give the Kreativ and Versatile Blogger award to D.A. I love his blog it contains everything, posts on writing, as he is a fantasy author, fatherhood, teaching, entrepreneurship, organic farming and political ramblings, to name a few. While I dig most of his posts, my absolute favorite are the political ramblings. Such a great idea and they are an absolute scream!. He’s a great writer but more importantly, he’s a great person :). Favorite Posts: Sarah Palin Ramblings and Entitlement Ramblings
P.S.- For those that do not have it, I’m BEGGING you to put Archives on your blog sidebars lol. And yes, I’m also supposed to include 7 things you don’t know about me which I have elected not to do. Why? It’s 5 AM and time for a nap lol 😉