4..3..2..1. The countdown to African American History month has begun. February denotes the celebration of historical African Americans, their lives and achievements. I will be contributing a slew of posts to the Blogosphere in homage. While it is important every year, this year is particularly special, in my opinion, to combat the rising tide of racist messages that are infesting the media.
I’ve been trying to figure out a way to feature Guest Authors on my blog for some time and this seems like an ideal occasion. Since I have elicited such a wonderful following of impassioned and talented writers, I would like to invite y’all to participate with me.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Posts that feature notable achievements by an African American, but are not limited to the past. In the historical map, their is living history as well, so “contemporary” achievers and their accomplishments are also welcomed. I’m especially interested in literary, musical, poetic, artistic, political and activist contributions.
- Because I am a firm believer that not all greatness is recognized and the world is a better place because of unsung heroes, I welcome “personal” reflections as well. If you know an African American, related or otherwise, who is an example, or has made a significant impact on the lives of others, show them some love.
- Posts should be limited to 1,000 words or less.
- Posts will be posted on your blog and will be reblogged, or linked back to mine.
- Questions and submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Educate, Inform, Encourage and Inspire.